GoCompete.ie is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
This page informs you of our policies regarding the collections, use and disclosure of personal information we receive from users of the site.
1. What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal data:
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of registering with us (including full name, email address, contact numbers, and postal address)
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
In order to enable us to provide you with personalised browsing experience, GoCompete.ie uses ‘cookie; information collection technology’.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser. For example ‘cookies’ can make it possible for GoCompete.ie to automatically login registered users.
We may send a cookie which may be stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. We may use the information we obtain from the cookie in the administration of this website, to improve the website’s usability and for marketing purposes. We may also use that information to recognise your computer when you visit our website, and to personalise our website for you.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
3. Using your personal information
GoCompete.ie uses the information it collects primarily to understand your needs, provide you with better services, and deliver the specific service or information you have requested.
We may use your personal information to:
- administer the website;
- improve your browsing experience by personalising the website;
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- provide third parties with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
We will not without your express consent provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
4. Links to other websites
Children may not provide any personal information (including name, email address, phone number or any other information that others could contact them directly) without verifiable parental consent. GoCompete.ie does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or knowingly allow such persons to register for any of our services. Consent forms are available on request to GoCompete.ie below.
In the event GoCompete.ie learns that personal information has been collected without verification of parental consent, the information will be deleted as soon as possible.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
(a) To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
(b) In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
(c) In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights
7. Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information. Data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall- protected) servers.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password.
8. Individual Rights
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information, please email us on email@example.com.This will be provided to you in a portable, machine readable commonly used format.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date you may ask us to correct or erase information that you think is inaccurate.
9. Change information
You can access, view and change your preferences, profile and other information by visiting www.GoCompete.ie.
10. Policy amendments
GoCompete.ie welcomes your questions and comments about privacy. Please feel free to contact us for any reason, including a request to be added or taken off marketing lists or to prevent sharing your personal information with third parties in the following ways:
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Call: +353 85 170 4434